Friday, February 13, 2009

Interlude

I had the night free and I wanted to finish writing and recording a song I was working on, but I am just not feeling it anymore. Instead I ripped out two interlude tracks. It's not what I wanted to do, though. I wish I was a little more awake to be productive. Courtney and the baby are out of the house so it would've been a perfect night to make some noise.

Creativity doesn't work on those kinds of schedules, I suppose.

Regardless, I'm now over 30 minutes of all-new, original music, and I'm only halfway through the month. I'm kind of kicking this challenge's ass. I've been reading the boards over at RPM, and there's post after post of people talking about how they can't get started, or can't get anything finished. I feel lucky. I also feel somewhat vindicated that I can legitimately make music, not the song-here, song-there kind of thing I've done forever. I really like what I'm doing, even though I know that with some time, these songs could be better. It's interesting for me to do EVERYTHING on my own. With the other music I've written, I've been the primary writer, but there's always been compromise with other musicians' concept of what I've done, but here, it's pure me, for better or worse.

Back to the topic at hand, I'd love to get at least 2 more songs out and start cutting tracks to make for a more cohesive album. I'll take what I can get, though. If I hit the 35 minute mark and get hit with some nasty writer's block, so be it. I'm simply happy I've been able to meet the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment